Wednesday 14 April 2010

I have a cunning plan

I have come up with my strategy that will help me to complete the MdS and get that long awaited snog from Patrick.

I have to address three issues
  • Attitude
  • Strength, Fitness and Weight
  • Consecutive days on my feet

1. Attitude


Not sure what to call it but attitude will suffice. I have discussed this in depth with many people and reached the conclusion that this is by far the biggest issue. Not only is it a big issue but I find it virtually impossible to get other “athletes” to accept the depth of the problem. However many couch potatoes do understand. My attitude of not wanting to train, not been able to continue with training, and often not even want to start training is really pissing me off now. I think it is related to my attitude to food and must be something in my head that wanted to sabotage my efforts. It is definitely not just a matter of pulling myself together and motivating myself. Neither is it self-discipline or resilience. I have ample examples in my life of boundless resilience, guts, determination and stick ability. Alas except when I want to improve me health.

I am 100% determined to get to the bottom of this and want to start by getting professional help. To start I want to see a shrink. So if anyone knows one in the West Midlands who can handle me and is reasonable bright, please let me know.

This is the first part of my plan and need to start first. The progress on my attitude will dictate how much time I need to become ready for the MdS


2. Strength, Fitness and Weight

Don’t need any explanation, I have excellent support from great trainers from around the world who want to get their hands on me but there is no point even starting before I have a plan in place to deal with my shit attitude. If I do the same thing in the same way as before, I will have the same result again; Stopping after a week or two and not be bothered to carry on


3. Consecutive days on my feet.


This is the only thing I have done thus far, but I need many more of the same


So this is it, Watch out Patrick Bauer, here I come.

2 comments:

Jamile said...

Kobus can you contact me, I'd like to discuss getting on to the MdS and having managed it three years in a row I suspect you may be able to advise.

Thanks

Jim
skydiver_jimbo@yahoo.co.uk

Steph Cooke said...

Hi Kobus, how are things going for you. Do you have a place in the 2011 MdS?