Wednesday 31 December 2008

One more go then bust

A big thanks to all the advice I got. I Also discussed in depth with Martin from Likeys. And by 10 last night I had a strategy. First I ordered “Fixing Your Feet” of Amazon and decided to go to the following places in this order.

Birmingham Running, A pro running shop with good reputation and it is nearby. Then If they couldn’t help, “Wide fit Shoes” in London the name say it all. Plan C was Taylor & Son in London. I was sure they could make me a custom pair of boots/shoes that would definitely get me divorced but would probably get me through the sand pit in Morocco.

I arrived at Birmingham Running http://www.birminghamrunner.com/ promptly at opening time with some trepidation. I do not have good experience with these shops, they often don’t take me seriously, and probably think it is just another fat oaf that want to polish a can while watching repeats of Ricky Lake. I spoke to Dave Ireland the owner and X Rugby player with Leicester Tigers. Now a keen Marathon athlete. Due to his Rugby connections he have many heavies frequenting his shop which gave me some hope. He asked the right questions seem to know the right stuff like feet swelling, one size bigger, anti friction patches and what not. After videoing me on his treadmill, sore feet and all I walked out with a pair of New Balance 859’s in an 11½. With the bank manager still happy and my marriage in tact. I hope to give them a thorough 2 day test this weekend.

1 comment:

Steph Cooke said...

Hi Kobus, how are you getting on with the shoes?