Sunday 12 April 2009

I am back

Well I am back now and suffer greatly from MdS Blues. Some say it is similar to Post Dramatic Stress Disorder, Others say it is depression and the world seems to be void of purpose Others maintain it is just feeling sorry for oneself. Well it has to be serious because one of my friends from the dessert has started to listen to Westlife.

It took me a week to post this blog because I don’t know what to say. Well I want to say thanks to all your guys who supported me and especially Zoe who also kept the blog up to date while I was away. Thanks to all those who thought I will do it and to those who thought I wont even start, Naah nah nah naaaaah nah.

There is so much I want to say, but not enough words. I was first gutted when the Docs pulled me out of the race and sobbed endlessly on his shoulder knowing it is over, but the next morning reality dawns and I hope this doesn’t sound arrogant it is not intended, but the next morning I was mighty proud of myself and what I have accomplished. I am sitting here with MdS blues and still don’t know how to fit this experience in my everyday life, but what I know is:

  1. It has changed my life, permanently; It is not the same Kobus that returned from the sand pit.
  2. I can do it, and I have to go back to do it and this time I am going to complete it.

Thanks again everyone, the sponsors, supporters, doubters and mentors. Keep checking this blog I have a year to go and this year the training will be go or bust.

PS: I am looking for ideas of how I can use this experience to help others. This year I raised money for Christian Aid but I do not want to call on friends and Family again. My thoughts are that if I can pull this off, then somewhere there must be some benefit for other Fat couch potatoes with low self esteem who belief they are not capable of something great. Maybe seminars, talks, I don’t know. Does anyone have some ideas how I can help others. Please let me know

PS2: I put the photos on the album the link is somewhere on this page, There are not many but have a look if you want.

1 comment:

Steph Cooke said...

Hi Kobus, I was thinking maybe you could write a book- your story is truly inspirational, and you could reach more people that way, I guess you could always donate a percentage of the price to your chosen charity?
Although you are a couch potato no more! I am so glad you are proud of what you have achieved and are quite rightly feeling positive- how many people don't have the courage to even start, let alone endure what you did!
I will be following your blog and look forward to seeing you succeed next year, as I'm sure you will. Also looking forward to seeing you again in Wales in June!
Steph